Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goals: January 2012

In light of my recent post regarding resolutions and my system of setting monthly goals I've decided to play around with a calendar feature as a way to hopefully increase my personal motivation and incorporate a sense of accountability. A bit of Google-searching lead to me to this tutorial on how to imebed Google Calendars into your blog space.
I'm anxious to see if and how it will update as I daily/regularly update my progress on January's Goals.

And since my most recent post centered on brainstorming and didn't set much in stone, here are my goals for January:

Daily:
  • Drink one glass of water when I wake up and before I go to bed
  • Stretch at least once a day
  • Do a minimum of 12 push-ups and 12 sit-ups everyday
  • Floss daily (or at minimum 3 days a week)
  • Daily journal about 5 things for which I am grateful
Within the Month:
  • Finish my MAED (that's a given, but I want to mark it anyway)
  • Write about a minimum of 10 days in the travel journal I started for our world tour in 2010
  • Finish at least 6 books toward my 2012 reading goal of 50 books in a year
  • Update my food blog within 3 days of preparing a meal
  • Make the most of a week in Taiwan (that includes making plans and being prepared to soak in as much culture and experiences as possible!)
So, as you can see from the calendar below, I'm doing fairly well - 2 books down, gratitude journal is on the up-and-up and I've flossed more regularly this year than any year previous ^.^  I'd love to hear about your goals for the year or the month...I know I share some goals with a few friends!



(Calendar and blog post typed while sipping from a Brown Bong China mug filled with sweet milky Earl Grey Tea)

4 comments:

Micah and SaraJane said...

Couldn't see anything on the calendar because it said I don't have permission to view it. :( Glad you are sharing this. I am still loving that without intending for this to happen, we have so many similar goals. I made a little chart that I print out and stick in my journal and then mark off each day. Could do better of drinking water and stretching, but I suppose I won't get it perfect right away.

All this makes me miss you terribly! Love you!

Micah and SaraJane said...

I also like the new look of the blog!

Unknown said...

I altered a couple things on the calendar and think I made it public...does it show up now?

Annalise said...

Yes, it shows now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...