Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Month of Gratitude: January 2012

As part of my January 30 day challenge I reinitiated the upkeep of a Gratitude Journal which essentially requires me to record a minimum of 5 things for which I can be grateful for each day. Here are the top picks from each day in the month of January - a glorious reminder that even though I've hated sitting at desk with nothing to do, my life is beyond beautiful and blessed. Hope you were able to recognize all of life's gifts throughout the month of January 2012!

Fresh memories of family visits and family love. Creative picture making with Students. Redneck Life with John, Whitney and Alla. The unexpected Facebook chat with Cailin, drop-in visit from Hyunhee. Hilarious texts from my "cold noodle soup". Italian dinner for two with Jenelle. Facebook posts which point toward visitors whose family name starts with 'M' and rhymes with 'Bullen'! Afternoon naps. Books that stir my soul and passions, providing thought provoking matter. Watching my sweet Lady and Man rest peacefully together. Floor heat. Ethiopia and her people. Sweet Tangerines. Annalise. Banoffee. Laughter. Phone calls home, hearing the voices of my beloved, healthy parents. Cafe Latte and free cheesecake in celebration of a completed master's degree. Conquering spent grains yet again! Leggings. Erin Co. Long Island Ice Tea celebrations with Josiah and Jenelle. Skype calls with SaraJane. Short flights. Delicious ham and cheese crepe breakfast with milk tea for under $5US. Sleeping in. Fog covered mountain views accompanied by sipping oolong tea. A place to sleep comfortably and warmly and the money to cover the cost. Subway sandwiches. Tandem bike adventures through crowded Asian streets and along the boardwalk of Danshui, Taiwan. The magic of hundreds of sky lanterns filling the night sky, sending forth the wishes, prayers and hopes of the people. Selling Navajo Durango (bittersweet, really). Rice Pudding. Skype and encouragment from Holly.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

(Typed while washing down a triple berry pastry with a white paper cup of cappuccino, both from Paris Baguette)

2 comments:

Annalise said...

ILOVETHISILOVETHISILOVETHIS.

beautifully done.

gratitude. so lovely.

Micah and SaraJane said...

So glad to see this. I love that I can look forward to reading my reflections for the month and yours too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...