Sunday, January 1, 2012

Book: The Red Suit Diaries

The Red Suit DiariesThe Red Suit Diaries by Ed Butchart

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A sweet recounting of precious memories of his years serving as a Santa Claus, Ed Butchart is all grandfather/Santa figure in the telling of what he passionately views as his ministry, serving as a Santa.



As an educator, I found myself agreeing fully to some of the remarks he made regarding family relations and the affects of nature v. nuture and how each plays an important role in character building and development.



Quick, easy, light-hearted read from a man who truly believes in the 'reason for the season' the love of God as shown through the birth and life of his Son.



Among the heart-warming stories, there was this nugget...not sweet, not filled with the Chirstmas spirit but nonetheless rang true and possibly reflects emotions I've personally held regarding various things:



"I was just predisposed to be more annoyed than enamored with anyone vulnerable." page 20/location 69



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...