Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Book 2012: Cupcake

Cupcake: A Modern Love-Story with a Bigger-Than-Average WaistlineCupcake: A Modern Love-Story with a Bigger-Than-Average Waistline by Mariah Jones

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is simply a quick, quirky, sweet read about a heavy-set bakery owner who works through her insecurities with the assitance of an attractive male who is genuinely enamored by her beauty, as is.
The main character, the bakery owner, is also the narrator and has a lot of personality that shines through in the writing. She's snarky, sarcastic, real and unsure of herself and her image.
It was the perfect quick read to break up a string of more serious and heavy topics I'd been reading and for that, it was perfect.
View all my reviews

A few other things: I primarily read this book while lounging on the couch at home or while eating my lunch at school. It was super short and quick, so I only spent one day reading through the story - hence the relaxing settings I enjoyed with this story.  I really did enjoy the writing style and there were so many funny moments and moments when the main character was about to be crushed, but then had the great experience of confidence boosting by a man described as the ultimate in attractiveness.  Additionally, I just read this article this morning which coincides nicely with this book, especially Darcy's experience at the health club, I'm sure she would have loved having some fat girl support that day.

(Typed while sipping from a silver travel mug filled with instant Maxim coffee, sugar and cream while sitting all alone in a large, ridiculous English classroom)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...