Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Meditation: II


“I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it” — Harry Emerson Fosdick

I saw this on a new favorite blog: SmartPrettyandAwkward

It essentially puts into one sentence what I've been wrestling with and meditating on in Psalm 139: 17 -18

In the New International Version, the words are phrased:



"How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you."







My number one realization while reflecting on these verses
were expressed perfectly by the Contemporary English Version
"Your thoughts are far beyond my understanding."

I am surrounded
by mystery
I cannot
comprehend it.

To me:
this is Beautiful

I spent days thinking about the thoughts of God.
What are they?
How do we know?

And, I thought
His thoughts
are expressed by His Word
are shared with His Sons and Daughters
in prayer
in solitude
in relationship

Yet
even still
the thoughts of God
are veiled
surrounded
by mystery
they are
uncomprehendable.

But so precious
to reflect on.

(Typed in two parts: part 1 - freezing in my English classroom, part 2 - enjoying a perfectly delicious mug of hot chocolate from an inherited light brown mug)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply complicated. :) mmm...hmm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...