Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Neighbors

Two things today
have stirred my soul.

Leads me to thinking about
Neighbors
Love
Peace
One another-ing
Living what I believe.

Does this prayer stir your soul?
Does the song stir your soul?

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;



where there is hatred, let me sow love;


when there is injury, pardon;


where there is doubt, faith;


where there is despair, hope;


where there is darkness, light;


and where there is sadness, joy.


Grant that I may not so much seek


to be consoled as to console;


to be understood, as to understand,


to be loved as to love;


for it is in giving that we receive,


it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,


and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

~St. Francis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such an inspirational prayer. Thanks for posting that. I think it speaks to me differently than it speaks to you, but I definitely relate and find comfort in it. Glad to hear you are safe and well. Perhaps your loving, tolerant temperament would be well-suited for state affairs and peace keeping?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...