Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Butterflies

I have loads on my mind. I've mentally written about 10 different blogs.
I'm facing emotions that I haven't seen much of. That I don't fully understand.

Writing is my number one go to in these situations.
Paper and Pencil
Keyboard and Computer Screen.
This is what I long for
when I can't make sense of things.

So I sat here. At my computer screen.
So many things on my mind.
No idea where to begin.
And these lyrics came to mind:

'If thoughts were butterflies
a thousand would be flutter flying,
round about all throughout,
the vast expanse between my ears.'
~ Olivia the Band
These lyrics are a summation of my current mental state. Thoughts. Flying.
In a space that seems too vast to manage them.

In time
I will get to writing
making sense of things
In a journal
on a blog.

For now
I accept these butterflies
giving them proper reflection
and consideration.

As I make sense of them
I will release them
in hopes that they will offer
love. hope. beauty. truth. honesty.

(Typed while finishing my third cup of Brown Rice Green Tea in a Jeonju University mug)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And what you write will be beautifully concise and poetic, as usual.

Thinking of you always!

Hoping your Friday and upcoming weekend give you many moments of pause to reflect and collect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...