Thursday, October 28, 2010

Silver Linings

A dear friend of mine
posted recently about
'Silver Linings'
about investing ourselves
now. in this moment.

What am I loving? Where can I invest my time? How can I be intentional with my time?
What are the silver linings?
  • The 'expat' community - new friends that are making this transition easier than it should be.
  • My Students - the ones who run up to me, just to say 'hello' because that's the extent of our common language.
  • My new co-workers - their kindness and encouragement as I feel out this new experience.
  • The beautiful people who didn't come to Korea but who comment of blogs, post on Facebook, send emails and make time for Skype chats.

I am not lacking in silver linings.
My hope now, is to honor those linings
those blessings
and give myself to them
with intentionality.

(Typed while enjoying a plate full grapes, tangerines, bananas and rice cakes after completing my first Open Class)

3 comments:

Annalise said...

Ahhhhh I feel so honored and loved. By you and Erin both. And I loved hearing about your silver linings!! Thank you for sharing!

Stephanie said...

silver linings are definitely splendid -- praise Jesus for providing so many for you! we love you!

Anonymous said...

How amazing that you have entirely up-rooted your life, your world to do this and have been so blessed with these great things to be thankful for. It makes my heart smile to know that this has proven to be such a beautifully healthy and rejuvenating period in your life. It could've gone horribly in the opposite direction. I am so glad to see and hear all of these silver linings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...