Thursday, October 28, 2010

Final Friday

It's the final Friday of October.
Where did this month go?

This has been by far my most jam-packed week:
CouchSurfers
Masters Class
Chili Dinner with Friends
And today...
what I've really been waiting for
My Open Class

The day when other teachers
come to see a performance
hoping to learn some tricks for their own classrooms.

I'm not so much nervous
as I am ready to be done.

October was enjoyable
but honestly, I've just been waiting
for this day to come and go.

My Final Friday will look like this:
Teaching 4 grade 6 classes...
Lunch
Preparing the English Classroom
Teaching an "I can do it!" Lesson
Planning next weeks grade 6 lesson
And finally walking home.

What does your final Friday in October hold?

(Typed while enjoying a FABULOUS cup of oolong left for me by a recent CouchSurfer. It's made better by the fact it is held in my favorite brown bone china mug!)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

it's full of halloween fun for us. tomorrow is slade's halloween parade, so of course the garden gnome is coming along. we will then go shoot some photos and head home for a morning rest. a dear friend who recently started courting someone (what a delightful season!) will be joining us in the afternoon to share her story. tomorrow daddy returns home from nebraska and we will celebrate nash's first halloween at the union and then safe treat -- it's jam packed. where did the month go?

Anonymous said...

Mine was chaos trying to get ready for Halloween. But it was good chaos, fun chaos, happy chaos. I love fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...