Thursday, October 7, 2010

Memorize

I have many dear friends.
Friends who encourage me
love me
embrace me
miss me
challenge me.

One friend - a close Spiritual Mentor
challenged me just today.
Memorize Scripture.



She told me why in the following manner:

So I give to you my top ten of why Scripture memory is rocking my world.

10. I'm getting a better grasp of the bible and understanding what book talks about what.
9. I'm growing in a passion of God's word unlike I've had before.
8. I'm growing in convictions.
7. I feel like the word of God is really giving me a light to go to and i'm not feeling so many blank moments when I'm at a loss of what to do.
6. I'm experiencing greater joy and peace as I have sweet words that pass through my head.
5. I'm recognizing lies easier in my own life and the world that surrounds me.
4. I'm recognizing the voice of God in more intimate way then I have before.
3. I notice a lessening of myself and a greater realization of how present God is.
2. I see myself not falling so fast to sin patterns.
1. I'm really seeing my mind being renewed.


She asked if I would memorize one verse per week.
I told her no.

At the beginning of the year
I committed to one verse
on the 1st and 15th

I even had a support group
Meditate and Memorize

I told her:
Rather, I will re-commit
to my commitment

Maybe by 2011 I can rock one verse per week.
For now,
Anyone want to join me in 2 verses each month?
You can at Meditate and Memorize

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

girl...i will join you knowing this will challenge me. i'm sure it will rock my world as i dive in yet once again on this journey. thanks for your thoughts! we love and miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...