Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Wednesday...



Wednesday's are shaping up to be my favorite day.
Don't get me wrong - Friday's are still superb.
Saturday and Sunday can hardly be beat.

But Wednesday's!?! Who would have guessed?

A common theme in my Wednesday's is some form of a pleasant surprise.
Once it was a delicious lunch followed by sweet Korean students getting me coffee and drawing my lovely face on the chalkboard.
Another time it was being told I wouldn't be teaching in the afternoon because the teachers would be playing a traditional game -- I then won MVP and a tube of toothpaste.
And, most recently it was having more free time than is normal -- offering me some 'me time'.

This is the Wednesday I want to share with you.
It's yet another Wednesday I want to remember.
Because sometimes Thursday's not so great.
I need to remember the joy of a Wednesday.


The most recent Wednesday was for:
Baking Banana Bread -- in the crockpot.
Exploring Tanbang-dong and Daejeon Station.
The joy of complimentary Iced Green Tea Lattes,
an out of this world head massage and shampooing
a haircut
a hand and arm massage
and a manicure.
[All at the unbelievable price of 12,000 Won ~ $10US]
Some much desired shopping.
Walking along the river
sun shining
people walking, running, biking
and smiling.
A truly beautiful Wednesday.
My favorite day of the week.


(Typed while enjoying a brown bone china mug of Earl Grey with milk and sugar. Following a delicious bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

lovely, those wednesdays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...