Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lazy Saturday: Accomplishments

I believe I had a lazy Saturday.
But, I wasn't really lazy.

It felt lazy because there was no pressure, no plans, a few hopes and wishes but confidence that there would be plenty of time to accomplish what needed to be accomplished. And the rest could wait for lazy Sunday.

I love traveling.
I love being home just as much.
It's my secret. Something even myself doesn't fully understand.

Today, I slept into 8:30 - which is incredibly late for me.
I woke to make a cup of tea and write a blog and check email and facebook and those computer related tasks.

I did laundry. Walked Lady. Did the dishes. Showered. Ate a Spent Grain Pancake with Nutella spread on top. Woke up my husband. Swept and mopped the bedroom. Put a few things away...but not everything. Spruced up a frozen pizza with some fresh basil. Walked to the park with my man and my Lady to meet up with friends. Met a new friend. She loves Yoga and traveling. Went to the grocery store (two actually). Made Roasted Pepper and Onion, Almond Pesto Pasta with more fresh basil. Started the 3 hour long process of baking dog treats using spent grains. Did the dishes. Downloaded music from cloud storage.

Photobucket
My lovely herb garden and the days creations


And here I am. Ending the day where I started it, on my blog.
Realizing it wasn't a lazy Saturday, but nonetheless incredibly refreshing and relaxing.

I can't imagine a better feeling at the end of the day.
Rested and Accomplished.

What did you do with your Saturday?

(Typed while drinking my nightly cup of water, but I'll probably have some hot chocolate soon ^^)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...