Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book 2012: Mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"But I don't know what to tell him about the aftermath of killing a person. About how they never leave you." (p. 67/Location 930)


"Better not give in to it. It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." (p. 154/Location 2018)
"All around the dining hall, you can feel the rejuvenating effect that a good meal can bring on. The way it can make people kinder, funnier, more optimistic, and to remind them it's not a mistake to go on living." (p. 239/Location 3091)
"That what I needed to survive is not Gale's fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I needed is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that." (p. 386/Location 4917)
View all my reviews

A few other notes:
I read this on the bus, at school, on the couch, in bed and finally finished it on a Friday afternoon at school. I cannot fully process The Hunger Games. But, I'm enjoying the process.

(Typed having recently finished an instant caramel macchiato)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...