Thursday, March 1, 2012

Goals: March 2012

March has officially begun. The first of March is a Korean holiday marking the anniversary of their independence from Japan (in 1919). So, we had the day off. And, I didn't worry much about creating the next set of goals.

BUT, I've been thinking about my goals. And I'm quite excited the March means a return to routine (although I'm not entirely thrilled about the work routine) and that means I can be a bit more committed to goals and start trying to bring things into my daily life that I've been yearning and thinking about, so in that sense, March is quite exciting.

I'm feeling relatively solid now on drinking plentiful water, stretching the morning and evening and keeping a gratitude journal.

However, for the stretching and excercise routine, I think I might try out this kind of progressive weekly workout, just to do something different:
So here we go, Daily Goals for March:
  • Morning and Evening Stretch with the above workout being incorporated.
  • Floss a minimum of 4 times a week.
  • Increase awareness of posture - currently, my thought is to conciously check my posture when each school bell rings, that's about 10-12 reminders during the day to align my ears to my shoulders and shoulders to hips, strong core, etc. ... We have some pics from Vietnam in which we both seem a bit more hunchbacked than either of us would like to admit. (If you're intrerested in posture, check out this wikiHow)
  • Read a minimum of 2 chapters from the Bible each day - I'm doing this during my stretching w/ the Kindle because it's quite nice for reading and makes me feel like I'm making the most of that stretching time.
  • Begin stretching time in child pose - meditate on the Lord's Prayer
Within the Month:
  • Write about a minimum of 5days in the travel journal I started for our world tour in 2010 -- REALLY want to get through some of these. Truly considering buying some Ferro Rocher chocolates and eating them one at a time as I finish a days entry...
  • Finish at least 5 books toward my 2012 reading goal of 50 books in a year - shouldn't be too difficult as I've got the Hunger Game Series as three of the five lined out this month and so far...I'm engaged, to put it lightly.
  • Update my food blog within 3 days of preparing a meal - sound familiar?
  • Conquer Yogurt-making...or at least give it a shot.
  • Blog more about what I'm processing/thinking -- (i.e. comparisons, individuality, complaints -- things I've been thinkig about lately and would do well to think through)
I also have some other strange little things I want to do, but they don't really fit the 'goals' category, just silly things to occupy my time I suppose and to use up certain beauty items and...to make me feel beautiful ^.^ That is, using some face mask once a week (I keep inheriting these when friends leave the country) and painting my nails once a week. Silly. Girly. Oh well.

1 comment:

Micah and SaraJane said...

Always feel so inspired after reading your goal page and it reminds me to stick with my goals. I love your last two bullets regarding reading scripture and meditating. I started reading through the justice scriptures for lent, that I sent you last year and I have enjoyed this.....
You should definitely make homemade yogurt. I LOVE IT!!! I am spoiled and have the yogurt making machine but I know that you could do it in a crockpot.
Gosh....now I am missing you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...