Sunday, March 4, 2012

Book 2012: Catching Fire

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Not sure why everyone thinks less of the second in the series than the first. Not sure I enjoyed one over the other. Regardless, enjoyed and devoured it within a day.


"Because sometimes things happen to people and they're not equipped to deal with them." (pg. 31/Location 388)
"There is no danger of an uprising here among the priveleged, among those whose names are never placed in the reaping balls, whose children never die for the supposed crimes committed generations ago" (pg. 73/Location 922)

"Let them go, I tell myself. Say good-bye and forget them. I do my best, thinking of them one by one, releasing them like birds from the protective cages inside me, locking the doors against their return." (pg. 189/Location 2320)
View all my reviews

A few other notes:
I began this book just hours after finishing the first while trying to conquer home-made yogurt. This series is really activating my imagination in a quite profound way and I found that I spent the entire night dreaming I was a contestant of the Hunger Games or living out any other horrendous scene from these books. (Fortunately, I have pretty solid control of my dreamworld, so when things go ugly I would either wake myself up or 'turn off' that scene). Regardless, as expected, these books have really sucked me in and make it hard for me to function as a sociable adult.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...