Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mourning and Comfort

Two months ago I was entering the Valley of Shadows
with some dear and beloved souls.

My heart was breaking for and with them.

I'm being drawn to that place again.

The trouble with being so far away
is that I carry these burdens just as if I were there
but I miss the opportunity to cry, to hug, to pray
with these beautiful souls, beautiful souls
who are being broken.

The beauty of being so far away
is that I carry these burdens just as if I were there
my heart is downcast, my sould aches for a redemption
that reaches every corner of every heart ache the world over.

Matthew 5:4 says
"Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted."

I beg the Lord to make good on this promise
I trust the Lord to make good on this promise.

To those whom house beautiful souls which break in this season
you're on my heart and in my prayers --

(Typed while sipping coffee mix from a delicate and cherished Yellow Teacup)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...