Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blogging Pride

Recently I wrote about the reasons I blog, about the number of blogs I update regularly and even mentioned that I have a new blog. Apparently I'm going through a phase of: "I'm so happy to be a blogger and I'd like the world to know" because I have more to say regarding the blogs...

I'm proud of them.
Two in particular.

The Harrington Times
makes be proud because it serves so many functions;
keeping family and friends up to date
chronicling our daily lives (something children and grandchildren will be thrilled about I'm sure)
preparing strangers to come live and work in Korea
offering tips and tricks to living and working in Korea for expat friends and strangers
A few months into living in Korea our request to be included on a popular Korean Blog List was accepted.
Since then, we've seen our daily page views soar...it feels nice, in a "I feel popular and helpful" sort of way.
I'm proud of The Harrington Times.

More recently, I've had 519 Kitchen added to some foodie blog lists.
Foodie Blog Roll and Petit Chef.
And here's the truth: I Love, LOVE cooking and baking. I know that I make some kick ass dishes and have some natural capabilities when it comes to kitchen activities...I also know there are plenty of cooks who are much better than I am. Regardless, I love cooking, I love receiving compliments on dishes I make, I love being inspired to make new dishes or improve on something recent. It's a comfortable, fulfillng place for me.
So, I'm kind of hoping to see my stats soar there too.
(Now, two shout-outs: Annalise, you and your sisters ought to 'apply' for the Foodie Blog Roll and Erin: Thanks for being a recent commenter at 519 - I really, really appreciate it).

Then there's this blog and my newest blog.
I'm proud of them, too.
Because people who read them are good friends of mine.
Because whatever words or ideas I put here - aren't meant for the world.
They're meant for people who know me, make a point of coming to this space, and understand my heart.

Sure, others stumble upon this space.
But, it's more private and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I feel like a momma, proud of her children's accomplishments -- go blogs, go!

(Typed while drinking a Jeonju University mug filled with Korean Brown Rice/Green Tea waiting for 4:30 to arrive...finished the day after at 9:50 am while 6th graders graduate Elementary School.)

4 comments:

SaraJane said...

I love that you are so dedicated to your blogging....unlike me. It helps to feel a little more connected to your daily world and a lot less separated from you. I've really enjoyed the newest blog - so thanks for sharing that. Love, love, love ya!

Anonymous said...

I've said it countless times before...but I love that you blog! Congrats on the recent successes of THT and 519! Not only are you a fantastic blogger, but your skills in the kitchen have always been enough to impress me. I'm so glad you share your natural abilities via 519 and are so willing to share all your creative masterpieces. I'm always intrigued!

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

From one *blogaholic* to another, I love that you blog so that I don't feel like I'm the only one :)

Melissa, you are inspiring with the number of blogs that you keep up to date and filled with interesting and of course * stimulating* stuff! You go girl :)
I always enjoy my catch up's with THT and your newest addition too!

Unknown said...

Awwww, friends! I'm so lucky to have your friendship, readership and encouragement - you make me happy (more happy than blogging makes me to be certain!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...