Thursday, March 10, 2011

About a Dog


A few things I love about having this dog:

  • Morning walks in the cool, fresh air on a plot of 'unspoilt' city soil where birds are happy to sing and grass and trees are eager to grow.
  • Visible excitement expressed in pawing, twirling, running and pleading with her eyes offered at meal times and upon our return home.
  • A personality which shines and glimmers, one that says "I'm yours" and "Even though I'm yours, I'm not doing that" (i.e. Wearing Rainboots)
  • Her eagerness to be near us; held, pet and enjoyed
  • Her willingness to let us go about daily affairs and tasks without being a nusance.
  • The way she fits our life and our season better than I would have ever imagined was possible.
A few things that have been 'shake-my-head-in-frustration' moments due to this lovely face:

  • Her desire to chow-down on my hair in the middle of the night like a crazy-person and with such determination it was slightly terrifying (completely unsure what product the hairdresser used...)
  • Upon returning home last night, discovering 2 pair of my not-so-abundant-supply of undies chewed to shreds! Followed by trash strewn through the bedroom.
(Typed having recently finished two-mini-sized paper cups of coffee mix: instant coffee, creamer and sugar - a little shaky.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair gnawing?! ODD!

But luckily, the pros greatly outweigh the cons!

Unknown said...

Pros DEFINITELY outweigh the cons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...