Thursday, December 2, 2010

Meditation:IV

I've been mulling over these verses:

Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise uup against you?


I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

Psalm 139:19-22

Initially, my thoughts leaned on
"I should not hate,
therefore, I do not hate."

But then I began to notice
that when passion is stirred
in my heart
sometimes, I feel angry
I begin seeing things I hate

I hate
the injustices
which my eyes are opened to
I hate
the misrepresentation
of Jesus which is zealously offered to the world
I hate
the great divide
of rich and poor. and sometimes
I hate
that I'm the wealthy one



I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing this
I feel vulnerable
I feel hypocritical

However, these are my reflections
these are things I'll continue to mull over
everytime my passion is ignited
because I'm not often passionate
about what is working 'well'
I'm often passionate
about what I believe needs change.

“I hate all your show and pretense --
the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies.
 I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings.
I won’t even notice all your choice peace offerings.
Away with your noisy hymns of praise!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice,
an endless river of righteous living."
Amos 5: 21-24

(Reflections put to computer screen while enjoying a brown mug filled with LDT Bamboo Sprouts Green Tea)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...