Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Needs

Today I'm realizing some 'needs'

I needed this and this.

I needed this
to further confirm my love and need
of Love

I need this
Because it doesn't feel an ounce
like Christmas -- and I need it to.



I needed a bus driver who dressed as
Santa Claus
and gave away candy.

I needed a Korean co-worker
to send me this song mid-morning


I needed to re-read these words from a friend
"I think thats my soul recognizing that your soul is extraordinary. I see something in you that many people don't have, which is an ability to love wholeheartedly. I want to thank you for that! I think a lot of people are scared to love with all parts of their heart, but yet you do it daily. That's pretty incredible."

I need to know that a good friend
will soon be arriving...
and that we will hug.

I need to let go of some things
to move on
get over it
have some conversations
bake some cookies
write some blogs
and breathe.

I need encouragement. love. joy. Christ.

I need to remember it's Christmas.

(Typed with nothing to drink but because I needed to. I needed to remember what has brought joy in the last few days and that even though today is tearing me down...I have all I need and more.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...