Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blessed by School Life

Occassionally...
working here drives me to the brink of insanity.
The same was true in the U.S.

Occassionally...
more frequently than insanity
I stare blessings straight in the face

Today, I was 'Blessed by School Life'
when the science teacher sent me this note:

I'll work here at Bongam by today. My contract finishes today.
I may come to this school again or move to another school.
I was very glad/happy getting to know you.
I tried , however, didn't make good friends with you since I can speak English a little. Anyway I was very happy when I met you on a bus. Take care of yourself. Let's keep in touch with each other.
And this song:



Friendship is a sweet, sweet gift.
And while the lyrics may be corny...
I love them and I love reflecting on the
Blessings
I have that are directly related to 'school' life

(Typed having just finished enjoying 'Chinese' lunch extravaganza with my co-workers and a cup of 3-in-1 coffee mix)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder of the many ways in which you are living your life with beauty, love, and intention. This person, while barred by a language deficit, was obviously touched by you just as those that know and can communicate with you best. I love stories like this! It is a nice reminder that the world isn't as big as we let ourselves believe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...