Sunday, December 19, 2010

Of Falling in Love...

Again.
and Again.
and Again.

Photobucket

Saturday morning
Awoken by sweet kisses
The voice of my love
"We're leaving in an hour,
I'll make French toast,
you shower and get ready -
make sure to look your best!"

Unaware, unsure, un-awake
I obeyed.

Out the door, boarding the metro
arriving at the train station
friends. Anticipating
a sweet day.

One hour by train takes us to
Seoul.
Tacos. Avocados. Taxis. and Subways.
Book Stores. Guesses. Posters. and Theaters.

Photobucket
The Nutcracker.
Sugar Plum Faries.
Symphonic pleasures.
Dancing. Leaping.

Watching. Smiling.
Next to the one I love.




Days not over
just beginning...
Find ourselves at the top of Namson Tower.

Here is where we lock our love
where others have come before us
Committing to love each other
until the end of time.

Tradition is:
Write a message of love
attach to the lock
throw away the key

My man has written our message
our vows
our promise
our committment
Tears of Joy
Photobucket


Photobucket

So often I am blessed by this man whom I wed. So often I realize just what an honor it is to participate in life with someone of his character and compatability. So often, I take it for granted and fail to give praise where praise is due. And yet, we are in love. Constantly falling even deeper into this relational adventure of marriage.

And he wins my heart, again and again.

He has committed to our vows in a way that astounds me. Keeping them as an ever present force in our marriage - something to know and obey, to cherish and honor. And I love it. For so many reasons. But particularly because we were so deliberate in what we chose to speak to one another on that September day of 2007.


(Typed while wishing I were warmer and drinking something warm in a classroom of a faraway land known as Korea)

For another account of this day with more details and more photos check out this article.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet sweet memory you will cherish forever! How we miss you both here. Sending our love to you! Merry Merry Christmas. The photos are fab too!

beccaclimbsrocks said...

What a beautiful post, M. Really love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...