Monday, April 2, 2012

Goals Update: March 2012

Turns out, I was a) Lousy at Keeping my Calendar, b) Lousy at some of my new goals and c) relatively awesome...let me explain, but first, here is to point A:
So, my goals for March revolved around the morning/evening stretch routine which was kind of a fail, but I still would say I'm stellar at stretching daily and when time allows I've been doing something that is good for my strength (sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, plank, etc.)

I also wanted to floss more often...not so much, but flossing is still more of a routine than it ever has been, and for that I'm satisfied.

I had this goal for my posture:
Increase awareness of posture - currently, my thought is to conciously check my posture when each school bell rings, that's about 10-12 reminders during the day to align my ears to my shoulders and shoulders to hips, strong core, etc.

I didn't do it exactly, but was generally more aware of my posture than normal, so again, win!

Bible reading and prayer is about as frequent as stretching, which is satisfactory for me at this point.
All in all, I feel my daily goals will never be achieved daily, but by the time the month comes to a close, I feel much more satisfied with the attention that I given these details. I don't think I'll carry any of my goals over into April/the Spring. I trust that stretching, praying, flossing, drinking water, checking posture, etc are in relatively solid places - time to move forward!

Where I really sucked it up was again, the travel journal...going to ignore that for awhile and just let it happen, or not happen.
However, I did manage to finish 5 books, including the Hunger Games series which was phenomenal! I also did better at updating my food blog, although not within 3 days -- and that is solely because, as I realized this month, I go on huge cooking spurts - making 3-5 new dishes in one day or evening, impossible to record all of that in a super timely manner...geeze.

So that's the gist of things, really looking forward to sharing April's goals with you!
(Typed while sipping on a mix of instant coffee with cream and sugar and just coffee and sugar ^^)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...