Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vulnerability and Courage



During 20 minutes of listening to this woman talk about Shame, Vulnerability, Courage and her research I found myself reflecting on not only my own willingness to be vulnerable, but more frequently my thoughts drifted toward women in my life who in recent days were sharing their hearts and lives in real and beautiful and vulnerable ways.

Like my friend who is beautifully passionate about social justice and who is reflecting on race, and what that's going to mean for her precious son as he grows up.

Or like another friend who courageously shares her beauty and her journey with self-image, even when that means shaving her head.

These 20 minutes also left me thinking about my role as a friend. as a wife. as a sister. as a daughter. as a mentor. as a teacher. as a believer.

(Typed while snacking on Hershey's Hugs after having finished an instant cafe latte)

1 comment:

Micah and SaraJane said...

Wishing we could chat about this over a cup of tea....

Miss you and love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...