Thursday, April 19, 2012

Books 2012: The Help

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finally had the opportunity to read this story and I'm so glad that I did. Beautifully written, insightful and wise I enjoyed getting to know the distinct personalities of each character, watching as their lives collided for a season and the way they worked within that season to speak and to be heard and to cause change.
Photobucket

“That's the way prayer do. It's like electricity, it keeps things going.” (pg. 23)

“Truth. It feels cool, like water washing over my sticky-hot body. Cooling a heat that's been burning me up all my life.Truth, I say inside my head again, just for that feeling.” (pg. 129)

View all my reviews

A few other notes: This is yet another hardcover/tangible book that I have with me in Korea, therefore I've never read it on the bus, nor taken out of the house. Rather, I've consistently come home to curl up with the help on my favorite, comfy chair and mug of tea or water.

(Typed while steeping a thermos of English black tea, a gift from recent CouchSurfers).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...