Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Your Will be Done

Enjoyed the book of Ruth
as I was preparing for bed.
I think
it exemplifies
living God's will for our lives
The heart's Desire:
Ruth replied,
"Don't urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God."
Confirmation and Peace
She exclaimed,
"Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me--
a foreigner?"
"You have given me comfort and have spoken kindly to your servant."
The Will of God
for ALL mankind
the bigger picture Ruth was a part of


"Naomi took the child, laid him in her lap
and cared for him.
The women living there said, "Naiomi has a son"
And they named him Obed.
He was the father of Jesse, the father of David."


The line of Jesus.

I know the desire of my heart the Lord fills:
to live in a foreign land


I feel the confirmation and peace
in my heart of hearts
in words spoken by friends
new and old


I wait in anticipation
to see the bigger picture
Why am I here? For whom?
And what purpose?


Only time will tell


(Typed while enjoying Lichee Black tea from a Brown Bone China mug when I should have been preparing lesson plans and powerpoints...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...