Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Year Goes By

During a sweet phone call 'home'
I was reminded of a special anniversary.

One year ago,
I saw this face in person - for the first time





I had NO idea at the time
how my life would change.

I was about to witness
some dear friends take on parenting with grace, humility, beauty and joy.
a young boy discover love, family, home and a changing identity.
a process of compassion, patience and dependence
on a Sovereign Lord

On that day, I met a child who would teach me
how to play,
to enjoy each moment,
to laugh and to cry
to be passionate about it all.

I know now that that moment changed me
that the year following that moment changed me
and...that it's still changing me.

Because, like I mentioned in my previous post
Knowing I'm not with this family
is the one thing that consistently brings tears to my eyes.


I love them.
All three of them.
They're a beautiful family
and I wish you could all have a family like them to look up to and learn from and be amazed by.
But then I'd have to share...

(Typed while enjoying Korean Chrysamthemum Tea from a favorite Yellow Teacup!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that your only label for this is "emotions." :) That says a lot just in that one word.

Micah and SaraJane said...

beautifully written - and missing you more than ever now. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...