Thursday, September 2, 2010

Food Secrets: Thailand

I've been updating The Harrington Times and writing about Thailand. Thinking about Thailand often turns my thoughts to food, so I figured I ought to keep with the theme of my tea blog and let you know some of my favorite food trends discovered in Thailand.

  • First of all, if you can find a way to make your own Thai Tea - do it! Otherwise, drink it every chance you get. And, if you don't live near a Thai Restaurant or in Thailand, at least consider adding Sweetened Condensed Milk to your tea occassionally - it's simply pleasant.
  • If you find a recipe for Chicken Pad Thai - play with it and perfect it, the dish is absolutely AMAZING!
  • Eat unknown fruits, especially when travelling in natins with large markets - just point, smile and walk away with a new, exciting, usually extremely affordable treat.
  • Heat up a little coconut milk, throw in some bananas -- maybe some other things -- and enjoy, because, if you do it right, it should be Delicious!

(Typed while finishing off a bottle of pineapple soda - even this tea lover takes a break on occassion, plus, if you come visit me, you'll want to try this soda ;) ).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...