Thursday, September 16, 2010

Best and Worst

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. " ~Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Wednesday was the best day ever.
Thursday went downhill...a little.
Friday started wonderful. a little hiccup.
And that's as far as I've come.



I'm not surprised by this rollercoaster
I think life is always a series of ups and downs.
Sometimes, they're more predictable
simple rollercoasters
like at a county-fair carnival

Then, you crave more
an amusement park
World's Largest
World's Fastest
World's Oldest
Whatever the case may be

Since the end of May - I've been exploring a wide variety of amusement parks


it's been fun, exciting, hard, frustrating
fulfilling, joyous, difficult and at times
anxiety enducing.

I don't really like rollercoasters
Not in my 'older' age
But
even when it's the worst of times
I have such strong
peace and reassurance

that
I am Exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Guess I can't leave this amusement park anytime soon.
It's mine.
Some friends come, some build their own rollercoasters.
We're rockin' the amusement park together.

I'll own it
for all it's ups and downs.

(Unfortunately, typed without a mug of tea, but having recently enjoyed a Jeju Tangarine Chocolate)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Some friends come, some build their own rollercoasters.
We're rockin' the amusement park together."

I like this. Very much.

Chin up, friend! Chin up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...