Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Book: Dawn of Avalon

Dawn of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #0.5)Dawn of Avalon by Anna Elliott

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The begining chapter was difficult to follow and I'm still not entirely sure who was narrating at that point. The following story however was intriguing enough and well written. I know very little about any Authorian history or lore, I suppose a better opinion could be formed if I had. I give this two stars simply because it's not my typical reading material and it didn't quite captivate me to the point of wanting to seek out additional material in this genre or the trilogy to which this is a prequel. If you're looking for a review from someone who knows more of this genre or King Author or Merlin, etc. I am not it ^.^
A few things worth remembering:
"To a healer, compassion is neither gentle nor tender, but hard and keen as a blade." (Location 544, Kindle)
"For if the weavings of our lives are spun of both joy and sorrow, the fabric of that morning seemed destined to be cast from threads of joy alone." (Location 841, Kindle)
"I have today. And I have at least one morrow. Perhaps the promise of one tomorrow in the sunlight is all any of us can ask for or need." (Location 1273, Kindle)
View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...