Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Okay

"It's Okay"
I hear this
when my Korean language skills aren't up to par
when my teaching experience seems to be lacking
when I don't know the answer

The Koreans say
"It's Okay"

It's Okay
that you're not sure
that some days your sad
that you have ups and downs
It's Okay

It's Okay
that you desire
that you hope
that you dream
It's Okay

It's Okay
that you're faraway
that you're falling in love with Korea
that you miss home
all in the same breath
It's Okay

So...
It's Okay
and
I'm Okay

I'm kind of loving it
I'm occassionally questioning it
or others
I'm doing this
I'm living a dream
I'm going to stay connected
to those at Home
whom I love and have loved
and will continue to love.

Friends.
It's Okay.

(Typed while enjoying a nice yellow teacup filled with Lady Grey tea by Twinnings)

3 comments:

Annalise said...

I LOVE the part where you say it's okay to be falling in love with Korea, but miss home all in one breath. I have experienced that, while on a much lesser level, but I know the feeling nonetheless. And it is okay. <3

Micah and SaraJane said...

The yellow teacup... Earl Grey tea....

This brings tears once again and I felt that this was meant for me to read today.

Thanks for comforting my heart even from miles away and once again sharing your beautiful heart with me.

Miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

[Insert SMILE here]

(Typed while drinking a tall glass of ice water from an overly huge and heavy glass. Tea weather is right around the corner...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...