Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Food Secrets: Guatemala

I LOVE food...this should not come as a surprise.

Eating is a HUGE reason I love to travel.
I get to discover "food secrets".
The trick now,
is to remember and share those secrets.

So, from Antigua, Guatemala three lessons I learned that make food EXCEPTIONAL!

1. Should you ever be required to use powdered milk frequently, whether because of location or position, this will help to make the milk a little easier to swallow:
add CINNAMON.

2. Need the perfect, simple salad dressing for your lettuce leaves, avocado and large chunks of tomato? Try to work this masterpiece out:
Fresh Lemon Juice, Water (to taste), Salt and a few Onions
DELICIOUS and SO FRESH!

3. The perfect tostada requires very few ingredients, work or time:

Crispy corn tostada
Topped with fresh Avocado, Cabbage (soaked in some vinegary mix which I've yet to determine) and of course a slightly spice picante to top it all off...Super-Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tostada tip. I'm going to try that very soon-ish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...