Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Books 2012: Into the Shadows

Into the Shadows (Into the Shadows, #1)Into the Shadows by Karly Kirkpatrick


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


"Everyone's story has a different ending and unfortunately we aren't the writers, just the readers." (pg. 21/location 273)

A set of people are set apart as 'gifted' yet these gifts are quickly discovered and re-defined as a threat to national security. Following is a disregard for personal freedom and rights and a showcase of discrimination, segregation and a government bent on creating fear in hopes of gaining power.

Another reviewer mentioned the slow start of the book, and I would have to agree, the beginning was slow and often felt a bit disjointed or as an attempt to build the necessary background without going into detail, but I may have liked some more details or just a different presentation of the necessary background. Regardless, I found myself eager to finish the story and deeply moved by the experience of the main character Paivi and the other's who were deemed 'Enemies of the State' and their advocates.
View all my reviews

A few other notes:

I've yet to decide if I will continue forth with this series. I imagine Kindle price or Library availability will be the primary determining factors.

(Finished reading and typed the review while snacking on chocolate filled Korean snacks and a small paper cup of instant coffee mix)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...