Sunday, July 15, 2012

Books 2012: Against All Odds: My Story


Against All Odds: My StoryAgainst All Odds: My Story by Chuck Norris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes I'm just thrilled to read a book that I feel my grandma would appreciate. Chuck Norris has a story I'm quite confident my grandma as well as the majority of my family can appreciate: from hardship to success with a faithful mother who instills in her own son the belief that he can do anything and the belief that there is a God who loves him and has plans for him.

Aside from feeling like I was making my family proud - I really enjoyed learning about Chuck Norris as he desires to be portrayed vs. the numerous Chuck Norris jokes which were, for a time, quite commonplace. Having practiced the martial arts myself - I was a lot more interested in that aspect of his life than I had initially anticipated.

Overall, I enjoyed the story and think I'd quite enjoy getting to know Chuck Norris and his family in real life...perhaps I'll pretend to be a long lost cousin ;)

"Every technique I had learned was sharpened by constant, loudly shouted remarks. The Korean teaching method tends to focus on what a student is doing wrong rather than on what he or she is doing well." (location 727)

View all my reviews

A few other notes:

Chuck Norris and I have a few things in common, such as the martial arts, having experienced life in South Korea, and being introduced at some point during our childhoods to an outstanding step-father/father role-model, among other things ^^

(Typed while enjoying the 'high' of a recently sipped Caffe TiAmo Capucino)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...