Sunday, May 6, 2012

Goals: April Update and a Word about May

So...April's goals did not play out the same way as previous months goals did. And honestly, I'm okay with that. Because the truth is, when I'm not working out my goal committments, such as running or studying Korean, I'm getting quality time in my dog, my man and friends, even if that means sending quick Facebook messages or emails or checking their blogs and leaving comments.

And truly, April wasn't disappointing in terms of goals. Everything I set out to do has been incorporated more and taken up more of mind-space than it had before, and I think that's valuable in learning to change habits and get going on certain things.

I expect that May, and perhaps much of the upcoming summer will be similar in my lack of total committment, and I'm okay with that. Still want to set out to be intentional about a few things though and don't think I'll add too many new things to the list this month, but here are some things I think I want to continue, return to or set my mind to.

I lost track of quiet times/laying out on my yoga mat in prayer/mediation, stretching and being stretched. It's quite hit or miss these days, but I don't think it needs to be - it's easy to work into both my morning and evening routine and I want to re-prioritize that time.

I'm mulling over whether or not I'm going to continue running, it's getting hot which shoves my running into the early, EARLY morning or late evening and I'm not entirely sure if that's going to pan out, but I'd like to continue with running, so I'm going to try to get over this mental block.

I've been slacking in flossing, I want to get that back up to speed with regularity and such.

I really want to master Pie-Crust and pies, so I'm hoping to make a pie product (quiche and pot pies included) once a week - because practice makes perfect! (This perhaps should serve as motivation to run...right?)

I still have some letters/gifts to send and I really want to be in touch with people in that personal, hand-written way. Plus, I've noticed that writing by hand is getting increasingly difficult, as in I don't have much stamina...and that's lame.

Also, hoping to read 5 books this month, off to a good start and it's a long month and we have a flight to Tokyo coming up, so I think it's completely doable!

That's it, hopefully I'll be a bit more impressive with maintaining my goals this month ^^

(Typed while sipping on a thermos filled with instant Maxim coffee)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...