Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Book: I Like You - Hospitality Under the Influence

I have a brilliant, beautiful and dear friend who comes up with equally brilliant ideas.

A recent idea is to create a book club amongst women where rather than read books at the same time, each women chooses one book, then sends it on to the next reader at the given time. A traveling books - book club of sorts. I throw off the groove, but my friend has a dear, loving heart and has figured out ways to include me in this adventure.

I chose this book by Amy Sedaris thinking that it would be funny, slightly offensive but enjoyable (I later found out that my friend who had read the book didn't actually feel that positive about the read...oops). Anyway, it's a short read since it's mostly a cookbook...go figure.

I look forward to hearing the other women's thoughts on this book. For now, a few of my own.

I Like You: Hospitality Under the InfluenceI Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


It was...not what I expected - in good ways and simply unexpected ways.

There are a ton of recipes in this book which honestly make me happy. Cookbooks bring me joy.

The humor is along the lines of general Sedaris humor, slightly offensive, sarcastic, cynical but still funny. There are legitimately clever tips and ideas mixed among the delectable sounding recipes and clever quips regarding party ideas.

The book is also colorful and filled with photos. Should you have a Kindle or other eReader, I'm not sure this book would be enjoyed as much in such a format. The photos (although occasionally offensive) give the book added character and make it additionally enjoyable to read.

View all my reviews

(Typed while finishing a sweet yellow tea cup -- which is a special reminder of my beautiful friend -- of Korean instant coffee mix ^.^)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...