Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book: Blue Heaven

Blue HeavenBlue Heaven by C.J. Box

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I ended up reading this book as part of a book club. Suspense/Thriller murder mystery type reads rarely make it into my reading routine. However, I'm so glad that this one did. The setting o this story in Northern Idaho gave it a rural feel that reminded me of growing up and of home. I was so interested in this story from the very beginning. C.J. Box does not keep the reader waiting for action and plot line progession. I was surprised by how involved I became in the plot and desperately I wanted things to end up according to my personal plan and ideal conclusions.
Truly an enjoyable read, thankful to get out of my genre comfort zone and experience something a bit different but just as revealing to the human soul, redemption, forgiveness, messy-life-siuations, and community.
And the line that stuck out most:
"These people, he thought, talk to you like they've known you all their lives."
View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...