Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Burned Out

I usually have decent stamina with my employment situations.

However. my current situation. is. destroying me. (exaggeration).

But seriously.

This year, I've discovered some strengths and gifts in teaching that were surprising and welcomed.

As the first year of TEFL in Korea winds down...I'm burned out.

And not because it's hot and humid and monsoon season.

Because my work load is heavy. i have two schools. my students are giving up. or yelling. always. or fighting. or...or...or...

And it feels like I'm the only one who sees it
or cares.

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I can't come back to this, in August.

Therefore, I will come back to a new school.
One school. A middle school.
Fingers-crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it definitely sounds like you have made a very wise and sound decision. middle school won't be easy (those mutants never are), and will undoubtedly come with many new and unique challenges. but i can only hope that the prospect of moving on helps draw a more optimistic and encouraging end to the struggles and triumphs of your youngsters and all the challenges of two schools and gobs of lessons per week. chin up, dear friend! there is light at the end...and that light is a glorious trip home to be followed quickly by new adventures in a new school with new students...and likely the joys of seeing how puberty is ALSO a universal language all it's own! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...