Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things I Know

Here are some things I know:

My head is constantly swimming - with thoughts, ideas, to-do lists, recipe ideas, lesson plans, goals, etc.

My birthday is when I make 'new year's resolutions' - so the days preceeding my birthday are filled with potential 'resolutions'.

I wish I had more time to read.

More time to process. More time to experience. More time to rest. More time to understand.

I wish I understood how to best balance my time.

I know there are a number of things I 'should' do.
I know there are a number of things I want to do.
I know there are a number of things I can do.
I know there are a number of things I don't want to do.
I know there are a number of things I have to do.

I know my heart is more content than I give it credit for.

I know that cooking, baking, conversations, cups of tea, glasses of wine, time to journal (or blog), succesful lesson plans or discussion posts, hugging my man, petting my dog, laying in bed, being outside and a series of other things - Bring me Joy.

I know that I connect with people better in small settings rather than large.

I know that I'm a good hostess.

I know that my life is beautiful - some of that beauty has come from pain and I expect pain to continue bringing beauty.

These things are on my mind and in my heart as I seriously consider...New Year's Resolutions.

2 comments:

Annalise said...

"like"

SaraJane said...

All I can think right now is - cling to the things you know....

I have been missing you so much this week. My heart is aching for your joyful presence to fill these walls again. You are a beautiful person and I am so incredibly blessed to have your friendship. I miss moments of conversation with you and seeing the beautiful acts of hospitality you offer to others. I miss hearing your laugh and sitting in the presence of you and your husband.

These are the things that I know.
Love you lady.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...