Saturday, May 30, 2009

Giving Back

Dear Tea Drinkers,

Some of you may or may not know that I make a point of giving a portion of my sales to an organization known as World Vision. It is not my intention to toot my own horn, but rather, I'd like all my dear customers to be aware of this great organization and the gift giving opportunities available, especially as our country and our World face many great economic hardships.

To check out the gift opportunities go to: http://www.worldvision.org/ Click on the tab labeled "Ways to Give" and scroll down to "Gift Catalog Giving" and enjoy searching the many opportunites for blessing others!

For those of you who have recently made a purchase, here is what a portion of your purchase went to support:



The Orphan and Widow Fund -

Help local workers respond to the growing needs of widows, orphans, and children affected by the AIDS crisis in their communities. Your gift to the Orphans and Widows Fund will help meet high-priority needs like food, shelter, education, counseling, and job training.

I chose this particular fund because James 1:27 has been on my mind and heart for the past month or so, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneslf from being polluted by the world."

Grace and Peace,

Melissa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...